Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Seize the Birthday #9



I made this card for this week's challenge at Seize the Birthday. This challenge this week, I hope you can tell immediately, is to use their sketch to make a feminine birthday card. You might have to click on the picture to see the pretty embossing on the white background panel. And I really like the softness of the tulip from Gina K. Designs, A Year of Flowers, designed by Melanie Muenchinger. The white on white of the sentiment tag shows up well on the original but it's a little hard to see the lovely shape of the die cut in the picture.

Here is the sketch from STB ....


Thanks to my sister Barbara for sending me a new die set -- Fancy Framed Tags Two from SpellbindersI have a mail service that brings the mail to me in Mexico and they have very strict rules about what they can handle.   Barbara was sweet enough to see that the dies fit in a regular sized business envelope without rattling around so they would pass inspection!! Just love all these sweet tags for sentiments......


Have a blessed day, everyone!
Betty

8 comments:

Myrna said...

Betty
Your card is lovely. Such nice tags too.
Myrna

Linda said...

Such a beautiful card. Love the colors.

:: BlueInks :: said...

Pretty colors and the decorative edge looks really good with your image.

redwasher1 said...

Betty, love this gorgeous card!!! Great photo's and glad you got the tags, they are gorgeous.

Lesley said...

Sp pretty Betty, love the sponged sentiment, what pretty die cuts! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Rose said...

such a pretty card and fantastic take on the sketch :)
So glad you joined us on Seize the Birthday.

Kay Miller said...

Such a pretty card! I love the single flower!! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize The Birthday this week! :)

Sharyn Polesel said...

Your card is so lovely. Your stamp set is one of my favorites. I use it all the time. Love that pink!