Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Oops -- I Goofed!



Okay, okay, I'm going to fess up -- I did not read the instructions carefully! And it's not the first time either!! This card was made for Flourishes Pick 1 Challenge. There were three different categories, each with three different offerings -- sketch, color combo and embellishments. I thought I was supposed to pick one category and run with it. Actually, had I read the instructions, I would have known that I was supposed to pick one from each category.

Soooooo, my card only uses the sketch portion. I ended up with a  pretty card but unfortunately, it is not challenge entry worthy! Oh well, maybe next time!

Betty

7 comments:

Myrna said...

Betty
What a lovely card. Such a gorgeous stamp.
Myrna

Patti P. said...

Betty, I am sorry you can't enter your card but it is gorgeous. I love the LO and colors and what a great silhouette image.
Hope you are doing well.
hugs....

Colleen said...

Betty,
I've been there, done that before. I think this card is beautiful anyway and I really love that image.

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh dear never mind Betty......this is a pretty card though!

Janice M said...

Another pretty silhouette card!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Delightful card, Betty! I love the peaceful mood and colors!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Beautiful card!! I love how the tree extends over the edge of the mat. I love these colors. You are making me laugh! Do you know how many times I've done a quick drive by because I'm clicking through so many challenge blogs ..... and missed key info as well, teehee. You are not alone!