Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Roses Fancy Fold



This month was my time to choose the challenge for The Roses. I chose to make a "fancy fold" card -- anything other than a standard fold.

I chose a Center Step card. You can find the tutorial here at Splitcoast Stampers. I used older papers from Stampin' Up, which I love, but I only have small pieces of it left -- (insert a sad face here).

Patti has come up with a very interesting challenge for next month but I'm keeping it a secret -- you'll have to wait another month to find out what is is!!!

Betty

8 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is great, and I see you and I had the same idea! I have never made one of these before. Bravo! Glad you headed us getting back on track, with your lovely card!

craftieodmae said...

Betty this is awesome, you picked a fantastic challenge!!

Theresa's Studio said...

Great card and challenge. So glad to see the Roses are back. Hugs!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is just adorable! Those are some of my favorite papers too! I'm hoarding what I have left (0; It's fun to see the Rose's again!

Myrna said...

Betty
Love your card choice.
Your tree is soooo majestic, love it.
Myrna

Becky said...

Beautiful card, and wonderful design paper Betty.

Colleen said...

Betty,
Wonderful challenge love that card and all the great dp.

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh perfect Betty! I have yet to try this technique . Love the patterned card you used and the leaves are a perfect addition. Thanks for a great challenge!