Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Flourishes Release Week



It's release week at Flourishes and the noon challenge today was to make a card with the inside decorated as well as the outside. Last week I embossed this image from Flourishes Calla Lilies  in white on pink. I really loved that look and used it again but added a little color to the flowers, stems and leaves with watercolor crayons and a blender pen. I like the depth that just a little bit of color gave to the image. I already had the bow tied and waiting patiently to be popped onto this card.


For the inside I used another stamp from the same set and added a Happy Birthday tag. This will be one more card for our church.


Betty

10 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Fabulous card Betty! Love the embossing in white on pink!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty, and the embossing is wonderful. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Challenge this week.

dpkennedy said...

Your card is very pretty! Thanks for playing along!

Payne Holler Cards said...

It's such a beautiful technique ....wonder how to use it for Christmas....hmmmmmmm (-:

Myrna said...

Betty
What a fabulous card !!!
Love the color and the softness of the card.
Myrna

Colleen said...

Betty,
Love how the coloring turned out on this one. The inside is done very well!

Janice M said...

Very pretty Betty! I really like the white embossing.

Anonymous said...

The white on pink embossing is just so pretty! Love that sweet ribbon too!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is totally a "WOW" card my friend!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Beautiful inside and out!