Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Monday, September 10, 2012

Two More Birthday Cards



This card is for an 11 year old young man who only has one kidney and cannot play contacts sports. However, since he was 5 years of age he has had a tremendous love for music and he plays the piano.

Sorry, I cannot remember where the digital images came from. I had thought to use a silhouette of a grand piano but decided that the keyboard I used was more appropriate for an 11 year old -- a little more fun!!


This card uses another image from Beccy's Place that I colored. I love the tulips and fancied up the border and the sentiment with some rhinestone bling. Along with Spellbinders dies I used a Martha Stewart punch; I think the name of the punch is Arched Lattice.

We've had a beautiful sunshiny day today. Had a late lunch at Tony's Restaurant; we both had barbeque ribs, baked potato and vegetables so a light supper is in order tonight! Yay--no cooking!

Bye for now,
Betty

5 comments:

craftieodmae said...

2 more gorgeous cards, you are on a roll!!!!

Patti J said...

Betty, these are beautiful! Glad you had a good day, with sunshine and a yummy lunch! Thanks for sharing :)

Colleen said...

Betty,
Great cards for the b-days. Key board is really fun.

Payne Holler Cards said...

Very very nice! Life is wonderful down there (-:

Master said...

Thanks for posting your
egreetings. They been really lovely!!