Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Roses Challenge -- NOT!

Today being the last Sunday of the month, I'm supposed to have a card for the Roses' Challenge. Sweet Sue from Australia gave us an inspiration photo to create from.


Well, I've just gotta say, I'm so literal minded that I couldn't see a card in this photo -- not at all! About the only way I even deviate from a sketch is to turn it 90 degrees!! So, sorry Sue, this Rose wasn't up to the challenge. I failed, I failed!!!!

Oh well, not to worry, I have a card or two to share with you that wasn't inspired by the above photo!! I have two more birthday cards:


This digital image is from Sue at McMahon Five Designs. I just love how it turned out after being colored with my $5.72 set of colored pencils from Wal-Mart!

My next card was made with another image of Sue's. The sentiment is from Gina K. Designs, Inside and Out. The dew drops on the rose are given texture with Crystal Effects. Since I normally put the person's name on each of the cards I make for my friend, I realized when I had finished that her sister-in-law's name was not on the card. So I stamped her name on the little butterfly and perched it on the corner of the focal image -- disaster averted!!


We had a very strong thunderstorm come through last night and we lost power. It was back on when we got home from church so that it why this post is a little late! Hope you enjoyed my cards even though they weren't appropriate for the challenge -- I'll try to do better next month!!

Betty

6 comments:

Colleen said...

Betty,
You're too funny! It's OK to miss sometimes right. Love the cards you shared.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

The card police are not going to come and cart you away! Olga might, but not the police. LOL!!!! The two cards you did post, however, are amazing! Big hug to you, girlfriend.

CraftieConnie said...

Love these pretty floral cards Betty, so feminine!!! I am with Mary-Anne, you posting 2 cards makes up for all!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Mary Anne cracked me up! Card police. ...LOL
Sometimes the mojo just ain't there (-;
Your cards are beautiful! Love that you add their names...

A Consuming Passion said...

You are too funny Betty Rose!!!! How could you think you failed when you posted two beautiful cards!! Each of the blooms you coloured look amazing.......Who's next?

Myrna said...

Betty
Both cards are very lovely.
Myrna