Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Friday, June 1, 2012

Back in Chapala!



I finally made it back home to Chapala. I went to visit my daughter and grandkids in the Houston, Texas area and her car died after she picked me up at the airport. We were sitting on the side of the road waiting for a wrecker to come get the car and for a friend to come and get us and my luggage. Luckily, we were able to pick up my rental car a day early so I was able to get her to work the next day. Long story short, we had to buy her another car. I'll not even begin to describe all the stress involved in that process but we survived!

Made a couple of Father's Day cards for a church friend this morning. Need to get a project prepared for cardmaking class tomorrow so that will keep me busy today.

Here's a couple of pictures of my grandkids (Ashton 8 and Brianna 5) who got new bikes from BeeBee while I was there. They have just moved into a new house and have room to ride bicycles now -- they couldn't do that at the apartment.



Bye for now,
Betty

9 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

My, my how they have grown! Bet the bikes were a hit! It looks like little miss long legs will be hitting her knees on the handle bars before long. I am glad you made the best of your trip, even with all the side issues. Good to see you back and crafting.

Patti J said...

We never stop worrying over our 'kids', do we? SO SO SO glad to see you back. I've really missed you! Glad you got to see the grands, and they are so precious! You are a good granny, to get them bikes, and help DD with her car. Get some rest - we are going to expect great things out of you! lol.....

Myrna said...

Betty
A mothers (grandmothers) work is never done. :)
Lovely grandchildren.
Myrna

Theresa's Studio said...

Missed you Betty! Glad that you had a great visit even with the car problem. Kids look so happy with their bikes...and great looking G-kids.

Payne Holler Cards said...

Way to go Granma! Now those smiles are just so worth it! Looks like the Lord was just waiting on you to get there (-;
Glad your home...takes a few days to get back in the routine,
Hugs,
Linda

Ana Carolina Little said...

OH Betty, you're such a lovely grandma!!!. Beautiful card too!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Welcome home! So happy you enjoyed those gkids! Beautiful card!

Carol said...

So glad you are back! Missed you and your lovely creations-I see you are hard at it again! Cutie pootie gkids too! Looks like a wonderful visit.

Melina said...

love your project! great pics :)