Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Recycle Project



This is my project for the challenges at Joan's Gardens and Sugar Creek Hollow which call for recycling an object. This is how my project began.......


The particulars for Joan's Gardens Weekly Challenge #9 are:
  • Use a recycled box, preferably round
  • Color theme can be your choice
  • Use some Lace
  • Use Pearls and Flowers


The first challenge of the new Sugar Creek Hollow is called TRASH TO TREASURE. This week we are asked to take something that would normally be headed for the garbage can or recycling bin and transform it into a vintage, shabby chic or primitive treasure.
My recycled object is a tin for holding pellets for a BB gun. I used the required lace, pearls and flowers and added a little bow. The sides of the tin are wrapped in thin grograin ribbon although I don't have a photo of that.
I had a sand dollar that fell and broke during our unpacking and I've been saving the little "doves" that you find inside the sand dollars in this little tin -- now they have a pretty home to live in!!
Hope you enjoyed seeing my "beautified" tin and that you'll be able to join me in sharing a recycled project.

Edited on March 9: Karen asked that I link this project to the Word Art Wednesday site. They share a piece of free word art each week but if you happen to be working on a project with a scripture or inspiring sentiment you are free to link that project. Thank you, Karen!
Betty 

13 comments:

Holly Young said...

what a cute little box for those pretty little doves! Love the trash you used too!

Thanks for sharing with us this week at SCH for the Trash to Treasure challenge!

Holly SCH DT

jasann said...

This is a lovely recycled box, well done!

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh this is just beautiful Betty! Love everything about your little project. Good Luck with the challenge.

Glenda said...

Your recycled box is beautiful! It reminds me of Spring!

Joan Fricker said...

Your project is so pretty Betty! Great job on it!

Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our Weekly Challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Selma said...

Betty your recycled box is beautiful. Looks like this is a perfect box for your broken treasure. Thank you for joining us in our challenge at Joan's Gardens again this week.

Colleen said...

Betty,
So pretty, I love all the lace and pearls.

Patti P. said...

A girl after my own heart,lol, using leftover gun/pellet items and decorating it with lace!! Love the thought of those doves being saved in this gorgeous vintage box. The pearls and flowers are so elegant on it. So happy you could play again this week at Sugar Creek Hollow.
hugs, Patti SCH/DT

Janice M said...

Awesome job on the recycling Betty!! It's so pretty.

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Betty! Oh, my heart! This is SO very pretty. I really hope you will consider linking it up in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday. It's just lovely. We really enjoy your friendship at our blog, as well as seeing your beautiful creations. Hope you're having a great week, and that you can stop by to play along.
Also, I wanted to invite you to stop by my blog to take a peek, and I would so LOVE to have you as a follower. And, if you don't mind - I would love permission to also follow your lovely blog (I always like to ask first). I would just love to follow one another and I really hope to see you soon. Big hugs, and wishes for a wonderful week ahead!
Blessings,
Karen L - Social Media Coordinator
Word Art Wednesday
karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh this is sooooo pretty - will have many admirers of this sweet treasure!
thanks so much for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow - we so love your work!
hugs GF

Unknown said...

Beautifully done Betty, your container is oh so pretty!!
Hugs
Donna

The Wired Angel said...

What a darling container idea, Betty. Adorable! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sugar Creek Hollow's "Trash to Treasure" challenge.