Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Monday, March 19, 2012

Celebrate with A La Card Monkey

 A La Card Monkey is celebrating with their 100th challenge this week! Do you see my badge in the sidebar??? Last week I was a Flower Monkey Princess! There's a great prize package up for grabs this week to celebrate. I'll post a picture of the prizes and the sketch for you to follow.




Their sketches are just as pretty as a card! There is a "Celebration" theme to the challenge as well. As you can see, I followed the sketch very closely! And my card will be used to celebrate a birthday!  I used the "Ink Up Your Cuttlebug Folder" technique to add color to my embossing. My stamps are from Gina K. Designs and Layers of Color. Added clear rhinestones to the scallops of the mat for the image -- what's better to celebrate with than "diamonds"?

Come along and play -- you might just win a wonderful prize package and a Princess Monkey badge -- isn't she just cute with that crown?????? The deadline to enter is Thursday at midnight PST.

I would also like to enter this card in the Mix It Up Monday challenge at stampTV -- make a card to Welcome Spring. I think the soft purples and the lovely flower stamp are perfect for a springtime challenge!
Supplies:
Cuttlebug Folders Swiss Dots and Paper Lace II (a set of 4)
Spellbinders Dies Scalloped Circles and Ribbon Banners
Stamps: Gina K. Designs You Are Not Alone and Layers of Color Sentimental Banners
Ink: Stampin' Up Lovely Lilac and for sentiment, Lavendar Lace
Misc: Clear Rhinestones

Have a great day y'all,
Betty

15 comments:

Myrna said...

Betty
Gorgeous card.
I think mauve and purple are among my favorite colors.
Love the ink up your folder technique. I am using it a lot these days.
Myrna

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous card and wow yummy goodies!

Becky said...

What a gorgeous card Betty..

LeAnne said...

So very pretty, Betty! Congrats on your Monkey win! Those girls are great!

Diane Vander Galien said...

Very Pretty!!! Great soft color combo!!!! Love all the accents!!! Thanks for playing along with A La Card Monkey GD, Diane

Colleen said...

Betty,
This card is very pretty, I think it screams spring! The beautiful flowers and the soft color. You've been a very busy crafter this week and I have to wonder how you find all these different challenges and how do you remember where you've entered? I know too many questions.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Su sure messed up when they got rid of those lovely purples! Your card is just delish!

Terry said...

Gorgeous card, Betty! I love the softness, bling and texture. Thanks for taking part in our challenge this week.

Patti P. said...

I think your card is just perfect all around. Love the technique, really makes beautiful bg's! This looks like such a fun sketch and what a great prize, Good Luck, hope you win.
hugs....

Payne Holler Cards said...

best of luck to you and congrats at same time!
this card is sooooo beautiful - love those colors so very much (-:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Really pretty card. Love the sentiment and your colour combo.

Melisa Waldorf said...

Your card is so pretty in lavender Betty!

redwasher1 said...

Gorgeous card and love the color!!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

The card is Beautiful! I love how you did the background and the color is a great color for spring!! Thanks for joining us at A La Card Monkey for our 100th Challenge this week!

Hugs
Shirley

Sandy said...

Very nice card!!! After seeing all that food, I think I need to go get something to eat!!!!
Sandy