Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Friday, February 10, 2012

Thank You Card



Today my card is made with a sketch from Papertrey Ink. This is Day 6 of their 5th Anniversary and Nichole has given us a choice of five sketches to choose from. I chose Sketch #5 and my sentiment from from PTI's set Think Big Favorites #6 -- (too bad it wasn't Think Big Favorites #5!!) The beautiful turquoise paper with white dots is from a Stampin' Up Designer Paper pack, Island Oasis. Satin ribbon came from The Dollar Tree; I found the buttons in my collection and tied them with my homemade baker's twine. The shiny turquoise stickers are from a Martha Stewart pack and I also used MS Branch punch.

On a more personal note, it's a coldish, rainy, windy day in Chapala. This kind of weather is so infrequent it surprised all of us this morning. So, we'll think about how nice it was yesterday. I've been wanting to show you both a sunrise and sunset from the same day and we managed to capture it yesterday. So, now, for your viewing pleasure........

Sunrise on Thursday, Feb. 9, 2012 from our front porch


Sunset from the back, viewed from the mirador (roof) of our house

If you can stand a little more trivia, I've been listening to record albumns today -- yes, vinyl -- 33 1/3 rpm -- LPs -- nostalgia, right????  The Best of Sam Cooke (1962, RCA), Neil Diamond's "Greatest Hits" (1968), Gary Puckett & The Union Gap's Greatest Hits (1970), Simon & Garfunkel Bookends (1968) -- includes Mrs. Robinson from The Graduate. We only brought about half of our record albums with us to Mexico -- but I'm glad we brought the ones we did!

Staying inside, taking a trip down Memory Lane,
Betty

10 comments:

Myrna said...

Betty
Such a pretty card. Love the colors.
Oh the sunrise and sunset are so fabulous.
Myrna

Patti J said...

Ha ha....now I'm singing along! Those were the days, my friend! I love your taste in music! Your card is so pretty - love it. The colors are gorgeous. Wow Wow Wow! What a pretty view you have! Thanks for sharing :)

Beate said...

Lovely card.
Hugs and smiles

Becky said...

Beautiful card Betty and great photos.

Theresa's Studio said...

Beautiful card but even more beautiful are the sunrise and sunset pictures! We are having the same kind od weather here. Love your choice of music....they don't make music like that today. Thanks for the trip to Memory Lane.

Patti P. said...

I love this card....such a great design and loving the branches around your buttons, wonderful colors! We bought one of those stereos for our formal living room which looks like one of the antique ones just so that we could play our records, I too love your choices in music.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I could take pics of the snow coming down right now, but I will enjoy your sunrise/sunset instead. Great card and I just love the polka dot paper! Oh no, now I will be singing songs from Fiddler on the Roof! Eek!

Janice M said...

Very pretty, LOVE the color and layout.

Colleen said...

Betty,
Love the blue and white! Your music is just what I would be listening too. Sounds like a party at Betty's LOL :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

How fun... great trip down memory lane with a beautiful sunset! A gorgeous card to boot!