Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Glory to God in the Highest

A couple of things to share before I get to my card for today ....

Linda McClain at The Catered Crop has a fun quiz today based on the color RED. I missed three of the questions so I didn't score too well, but it was lots of fun. Click on the link and take the quiz yourself and then let me know how you did!!

I'm excited to be the winner for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge #156 for my card Glad Tidings of Peace -- not only do I have another Christmas card ready for Dec. 2012, but I have a credit at their store and I've been drooling over that new Calla Lily set -- guess who's going to be placing an order??

I've got another Christmas card today -- it's for the challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown to use angels, and my layout is from the sketch at Card Positioning Systems, #253.


The stamps are Layers of Color, Angelic and Glad Tidings. Colored pencils and baby oil were used to color the image and a Spellbinders Nestability to cut out the yellow paper with the setiment. Added some light yellow pearls (small and medium) along with a reddish-burgundy background that was punched with my newest Martha Stewart corner punch that is part of a go around the page set.

Hope you all have a red-letter day!!
Betty

9 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Absolutely beautiful Betty! Your coloring is magnificent!

Colleen said...

Betty,
I'm so glad you won over at Flourish's. I love the angels and the way you colored them on this beauty.

Becky said...

Gorgeous image and gorgeous card Betty.
Love those folk dancers, the lady's dress is gorgeous.

craftieodmae said...

Betty I love this, that image is awesome!

Mynn xx said...

LOVE your scripture verse--it's amazing! Those little angels are just darling! :) Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

Jacqueline said...

Your Angels are wonderful - thanks for joining in with us this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

Ruth M said...

Lovely Christmas card, those angels are so sweet! Ruth x

Jennie said...

Such a pretty card Betty and great job on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

Lea L. said...

Such a pretty card! Love the inspirational sentiment!! Thanks for playing along with CPS sketch 253!!