Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Glad Tidings of Peace



I have a Christmas card today; it's made with a Layers of Color set, Glad Tidings. For once, I didn't start with a sketch challenge -- I actually came up with my own layout! I had stamped the image several days ago and it was just sitting on my desk so I combined it with a couple of pieces of scrap green and red card stock.  I had actually thought of doing another mat layer with the red but this was the shape of the first scrap I found and I liked how it looked, especially with the addition of the pearls. The background piece is dry embossed.

I would like to enter this card in the Timeless Tuesday Challenge #156 at Flourishes. We are to make a card for someone we love (I love the folks that are on my Christmas card list!) and we are to use the color red.

Hope you're having a wonderful Sunday!
Betty

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Betty,
Love this design and image. Using scraps makes it even better. I have a pile on my desk,a bag that sits by my left leg of the desk and a drawer full of scraps. My goal by the end of the year is to use it or throw it out! By this time next year I want to have a whole new craft room. I'm organizing and planning little by little.

craftieodmae said...

this is absolutley gorgeous!!!!! and thanks for the birthday card..........

Myrna said...

Betty
So simple but ever so elegant. Love it.
Myrna

The Other Patti Sue said...

And a beautiful layout it is! Gorgeous card GF!

Janice M said...

What a pretty Christmas card! Love the layout too.