Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Friday, January 27, 2012

Kisses for Ladies


Just had to show you something cute that I've been working on! The digital image, Clara Caterpiller, is from Digital Delights by Looby Lou. I made this as a Valentine's Day gift for the little girl whose parents operate the assisted living home where my MIL lives. I generated the sentiment on the computer and used some homemade bakers twine that matches the image.

I couldn't stop there -- decided to make one for each of the ladies who live at the home.


I have filled the boxes with Hershey's Kisses, which fit perfectly. I knew they would be perfect because Santa left a box filled with Kisses in my stocking at Christmas! I took the (empty) box and tore it apart to make a template which I traced onto the card stock to make these boxes. Here's my template....



You might have to click on the picture of the template to see it better -- you will notice that it says Ho-Ho-Ho Feliz Navidad! (I guess Ho-Ho-Ho is the same in any language!!)

I will enter my boxes in the challenge at Delightful Sketches, for Valentines -- Anything but a Card!

Betty

11 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

These are just the cutest, Betty! I love how you did them all slightly different!

A Consuming Passion said...

How fabulous these are Betty!

Angel-23 said...

oh these are great, love the design so sweet.
Thank you for joining us at delightful challenges this week good luck.
Hugs Rachael xx

Becky said...

I love these Betty, How adorable, and fabulous colors.

The Other Patti Sue said...

I just bet the ladies where your MIL lives love to see you coming!These are adorable and yummy at the same time!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

What a great idea, love them!

Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Colleen said...

Betty,
What a wonderful idea to use the box as a template. Mine would have been in the garbage with the kids Christmas wrapping! LOL. These are really cute and that homemade bakers twine really shines.

Tracey Manderson said...

How clever! And so cute! Great job. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
Hugs
Tracey M
xx

Selma said...

Oh how sweet you are Betty. These are the cutest boxes and they will adore them. What a fabulous idea.

Kym Weber said...

These are so darling! How sweet! A cute box for hersey kisses! Fabulous idea!

SAMARA said...

Hi Betty: These are SO adorable and Yummalicious! Very inventive and a great use of the DELIGHTFUL CHALLENGE DIGITAL IMAGE!!! Thanks for coming over! Great success. LUV Samara