Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Friday, December 2, 2011

Back Home!

Made it back home around 10:30 last night. Is it possible that the flight was much longer coming back???? It sure did seem that way! Had a wonderful time visiting with family but it sure was good to see home again!
Here's a card I made this morning that I will be demonstrating tomorrow at our card making class. Hope they enjoy the emobossing technique -- it's still one of my favorites! Love seeing that powder change its appearance when the heat is applied.


The angel stamp is from Inkadinkadoo -- a set called Holiday Silhouettes that I purchased used from Nina Brackett; the sentiment is from a Flourishes' set called Glad Tidings.

We're heading off to a birthday party in just a little while so I'll not have time to do any blog visiting until tomorrow afternoon. See you all then!

Betty

9 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

The angel is gorgeous on the deep blue. I am sure your card club will love it!

redwasher1 said...

WOW!! Beautiful!!! Love the gold and blue. Glad you had a good visit.

Patti P. said...

Glad to hear you are back safe and sound. This is such an elegant card and have fun at your meeting, they will love this!

Selma said...

What a gorgeous card Betty. Love the gold and navy blue together. Happy to hear you made it home safely. Have fun at the party.

Colleen said...

Betty,
This is beautiful! I love the torn edge. Navy and gold are so elegant together.

Theresa's Studio said...

Your card is lovely. Happy to hear you made it home. Congrats on your win at Flourishes Christmas Spirit...we both did it again. But having a struggle with the Dec challenge.

peata said...

sweet card.
im on the hunt for cards my 7yr dd and i can make... she's so tough to please.

Make-your-own-invitations.com

Melisa Waldorf said...

Hello Betty. I'm so glad you made it home safely! This card is beautiful! I love the gold on the blue. I'm so glad that you have become so acclimated and are teaching classes and off to birthday parties! big hugs, Melisa

Payne Holler Cards said...

this is so elegant with the gold on blue - i'm sure it was a big hit at your stamping get together (-: