Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Make it Round Like a Wreath


I just love beautifully colored Christmas ornaments so this inspiration photo caught my eye immediately! It is for  Flourishes Christmas Spirit Challenge 19 which is to "make it round like a wreath." And here's my card:

Made use of my Circle and Scalloped Circle Nestabilities to fashion the card and cut out the layers. Stamps are from Flourishes -- Doves and Holly and Holly (background stamp). The holly was all that I colored on the center image and some shading was added around the inside of the die. (I also colored the red berries of the background stamp). Sentiment was also cut out with a Spellbinders die and little pearls added to all the outside scallops.

I'd really like to encourage you to join me (and Theresa P.) in this challenge if you have any Flourishes stamps (that is a requirement -- thanks, Patti, for bringing that to my attention). We've both been winners for the last two challenges -- how exciting is that?! The prize this month is the retired set Christmas Wreath. This set can no longer be purchased so this challenge is an excellent opportunity to have a chance to make it part of your collection. Christmas Wreath has an elaborated scrolled Merry Christmas sentiment that I used on two cards in my previous post. Hope to see you entering your round creations!

Betty

9 comments:

Patti J said...

Wow, Betty - that is gorgeous! The challenge sounds like fun! I don't have any Flourishes stamps - can I use any stamps? Beautiful card, my friend!!! Hugs...

Carole said...

Aww Betty, your card is lovely and the colouring beautiful. Thanks so much for dropping by. I enjoyed reading your comments. Hugz ... Carole

The Other Patti Sue said...

I love this Betty, love the shape, color combo and your image is to die for!

craftieodmae said...

Love it, that image is aweosme! have an awesome day!!!

Patti P. said...

Betty, this is so elegant and so beautiful!!! I love all of your layers and the gorgeous simplicity of your coloring. Your mojo is in overdrive and I am loving seeing your creations! tfs

Stacy Morgan said...

This is so soft and beautiful. Wonderful round card and thanks for playing in round like a wreath challenge.

Colleen said...

Betty,
This is beautiful! I love everything about it. All the layers and the wonderful elegant color scheme.

Theresa's Studio said...

Hi Betty. Love your card....have both these stamps. May have to Copy yours and not worry about a design...just kidding! I am behind again...have not started my card for this challenge. Congrats to you for winning again. This is a great challenge for adding to our Christmas Stamps and our Cards too.
I love the blue card that you made for the Snowy Delight challenge...beautiful!

Greta said...

So pretty! Love how you used the bg stamp & wonderful coloring!