Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Roses September Challenge



This month it was my turn to name the challenge for the Roses. It may not have been much of a "challenge" for this talented group of gals, but I wanted to see RIBBON on everyone's cards.

The colors in my photo are actually turquoise even though they look blue. I love this sheer ribbon that I found at The Dollar Tree a year or so ago. Cardstock is PL Ocean Mist by Gina K. Designs and Very Vanilla and Tempting Turquoise by Stampin' Up.  DP is from a paper pack by Pressed Petals. The stamp is from one of my favorite stampTV kits, Elegant Flowers. (my other favorite is Spring Mix!)

My card is a CASE of a card by Deb Felts, "HBD Lee!"  The Friday Free For All at stampTV is a challenge to case a card of Deb Felts, Design Team Member. Take a look at her card, it is a stunner!

I'm off to church now. Will visit everyone's blogs later this afternoon! Have a blessed day!

Betty

12 comments:

Patti J said...

I love ribbon! Great challenge, Betty! You 'Roses' are wonderful :) Beautiful card, Betty, as always! You have so many pretty details on this one, it's hard to see them all! Thanks for sharing, guess I'll go peek at Deb's card! Hugs!!!

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous card Betty and fantastic challenge!!!!

Becky said...

What a stunning card, beautiful colors.,

Colleen said...

Betty,
Love the colors and that bow is a beauty.

A Consuming Passion said...

Fabulous card Betty I love the colour and the layout too! Thanks for your great challenge this month I had fun with my card. Now it's Patti's turn........

The Other Patti Sue said...

So pretty Betty! Love your colors and your ribbon is perfect! Thanks for a great challenge!

Theresa's Studio said...

Morning Betty. Love the Roses challenge this month. Your card, details,and ribbon are so lovely. This stamp is also one of my faves. And I bought a lot this ribbon at Dollar Tree...need to use it more.

Melisa Waldorf said...

Great case of Deb's card. Very pretty and I LOVE all the blue!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Pretty!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh this is so pretty! love the colors and your ribbon

Patti P. said...

Betty, what a beautiful card...this is my go to set from Gina, I just love these flowers. I found some ribbon when our Dollar Tree reopened in a bigger store and am still using and loving it. Tfs

Kerrie said...

Hi Betty, just love your card, its so pretty, and the colour is just gorgeous, and wonderful layout... your rocked your challenge!