Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Olga says…..My Blog Has Style!


I want to thank Olga from Craftie Odamae for this award!!!

I am supposed to tell you 5 things about myself, the first one being craft related:

1. The first time I went to a card making class, I did not enjoy it and said I didn’t want to get involved – and look at me now!

2. My hubby recently retired and we moved to Chapala, Mexico – and we’re loving it!

3. I love taking pictures of the beautiful flowers here in Mexico and all the other interesting things I see along the way!

4. I wish some of my online stamping buddies would come visit me in Mexico – could we possibly have a stamping summit?????

5. I moved away from Mississippi in 1985 but I’ve still got my accent!

Now I am to give this award to 5 wonderful people. Only five???? Not fair!

Melisa at Paperlicious Designs (you never know what medium she’ll be working with next!)
Myrna at What Was Old Is New Again (a fellow cat-person whose black cat, Shadow, likes to help her make cards!)
Becky at A Diamond In The Rough (her beautiful cards inspire me but most of all, her testimony for the Lord inspires me!)
Linda at Payne Holler Cards (love the name of her blog and her work is just as creative!)
Colleen at Creative Paper Room (Colleen scrapbooks and I love that she shares sweet memories of her precious daughter with us.)

By the way, ALL the blogs that I follow have style and are deserving of this award!!
Betty

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Betty,
Thanks for passing this on, I will try to get it up tomorrow.

Payne Holler Cards said...

cant believe I havent been over in a week! thanks so much for thinking of me with this award (-"

love those pics of the paintings - stall door cracked me up -and lovin those green tomatoes!
your lake looks so peaceful - so glad you are enjoying life there...

Robyn said...

Hi Betty! Thanks for visiting my blog! How interesting that you retired to Mexico! My son has been there twice doing volunteer work. He was at Monterrey.Love the toilet door but not so sure about green tomatoes!! Just don't look "right" to me!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

YOU are so sweet! Thank you Betty! A summit sounds like a great plan to me! I don't have to bring DH though, right?? That might be a deal breaker, ha! The cats brought in snake #4 last night! I'm getting a little creeped out. It was a little bigger than the others. I took photo's but they are on my phone and I can't figure how to get them off. I think its a non-venoumous texas brown snake, but not totally sure. It doesn't look like there is much I can do about it except maybe try and lock them in at night. I hope you have a beautiful weekend. We are talking about taking DD to the zoo in the am, early, while its still cool. big texas hugs,
Melisa