Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Red and White Beauty


Good morning, friends! I'm inviting you to join me at The Hotspot Challenge; it is a monthly challenge and this month's challenge is such a fun one -- we are to make a card inspired by a gown worn by Halle Berry to the Oscars -- fun, right?! We are given a choice of several gowns; there are others to choose from too, and if you follow the link you'll be able to see them a little better!! Of course, Halle makes each one of them look simply stunning (she would look stunning in a flour sack!) My card was inspired by the white dress with red rhinestones; of course, knowing about Oscar gowns, they are probably actual rubies!!!! I knew immediately that I wanted to use this Martha Stewart punch to create the illusion of the red stones. The gown is a beauty and of course, Halle is too, so I used this little stamp that I got from the Michael's Dollar Bin. Guess you could say it was a 50 cent stamp because there was another one with a dragonfly in the set -- what a deal! I used my Swiss Dots embossing folder on the white background and added ribbon and pearls to complete. Hope you enjoyed my card and I really would like to see how you are inspired by these lovely gowns!!
Betty

14 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Just as elegant as the gown... you rock GF!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous. Love the colors and pearls.

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely breath taking!!!! Bravo. Bravo!!!

Shawne said...

WOW BETTY ! YOU DID AN AMAZING JOB ON THIS CARD, IT IS A BEAUTY! IT WAS EASY TO SEE WHICH DRESS THE INSPIRARTION CAME FROM, JUST GORGEOUS! THANKS FOR JOINING US AGAIN THIS MONTH! YOU ARE WELCOME BACK AS OFTEN AS YOU LIKE! HUGS!

Janice M said...

Great job with your inspiration card Betty!!

Sue McMahon said...

I know which dress you chose, Betty! Wonderful interpretation of the dress! Thanks so much for playing again with us and Congratulations on your February Win! Hugs, Sue

Jodi said...

What a fun challenge! You have created a beautiful card from her dress!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Myrna said...

Betty
This card is absolutely stunning.
Myrna

Kristine said...

Beautiful card indeed! (I chose the red/white dress too!) =) Thanks for playing at the Hotspot Challenge!!

NanaConnie said...

Love this card, Betty! Perfect use of red and white, and I love that gown, too. The pearl embellishments are exquisite. Also, thanks for your congratulatory comment on my winning that CASE card challenge. So sweet of you. :-) Happy Stamping.

Kym Weber said...

Stunning! It's as breathtaking as the gown! Love the punch border, ribbon and pearls! The image is so darling!

Colleen said...

Betty,
Love the red and white and the punched border.

Michelle Pearson said...

great job on the Studio 313 challenge! That dress caught my eye...and your card is a great interpretation of it!

Kerrie said...

Hey, you nailed it, its such a beautiful card.. good luck wit the challenge.