Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ribbon Bookmarks

I made some bookmarks today from scrap pieces of ribbon. There was a tutorial at Tip Top Tuesday for making a banner out of acrylic and ribbon scraps. I took their idea and made bookmarks for my grandson's teacher. I think the camera makes the red and white one look the prettiest but IRL I think I prefer the one with the more subtle colors. A number of the ribbons are transparent and you can see through the acrylic. I placed two pieces of scor-tape on either side of the acrylic piece and another piece down the middle. Adhered the ribbon pieces to the acrylic and cut off the ragged edges. On the red bookmark I used ribbon to put on the sides, folded over to the back to keep ribbons from fraying. Then I stamped the flower with versamark on red cardstock, embossed with white, and cut out. Finished up by adding a couple of bows. On the other bookmark I used a light weight patterned paper for the edges.
DH found my sponges yesterday in the first box that he opened!!! Hooray! And I didn't even use them today -- maybe tomorrow. It's going to be too cold to get out!

Betty

10 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Such a creative idea!These are totally awesome!

Becky said...

These are awesome Betty!

Patti P. said...

What a great way to use up ribbon scraps...my fav is the one with the soft greens but the red and white just pops. Tfs your bookmarks with us.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

What a sweet thing to make for a gift! Love the idea to use up those little ribbon snips!

Theresa's Studio said...

Glad I save all my ribbon scraps. These are lovely and make neat gifts.TFS

craftieodmae said...

Betty thi sis fantastic!!!! TFS!

Colleen said...

Betty,
Amazing what a great use for ribbon scraps! I love how the red just pops. I'm glade you found your sponges :)

Selma said...

What a fantastic idea Betty. This are so pretty.

Payne Holler Cards said...

eeks - these are adorable - so need ideas to use up those ribbon scraps (-:
have something for you over on my blog
hugs
Linda
ps I havent had a chance to check out Joan's tag challenge - wonder if they would qualify

Melisa Waldorf said...

What a clever idea! I LOVE it!