Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Button Brads


Okay, I felt sorry for the big brads that I trashed in yesterday's post so I designed a card especially for them!! Kept the color combo of Chocolate, Blue and Pink from the challenge at Annabelle Stamps (after all the brads are brown, blue and pink -- it was a no brainer!)and added an image from Annabelle Stamps set titled Thoughtful Stems. DP is from My Mind's Eye paper pack titled Simply Delightful. Sponged with SU ink.

Hope all of your football fans are enjoying the game!
Betty

15 comments:

Kylie said...

What a pretty card Betty and I'm so glad you found a new home for your brads lol and they sure suit the layout of your card!
LOVE your sponging around your image, it's so soft and pretty and I love the strip of DP that your brads are sitting on!!!
Thanks for playing along with us this week at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Take Care,
Kylie X

redwasher1 said...

WOW, this is gorgeous!! Love it!!!

craftieodmae said...

You did an outstanding job finding them a home!!! gorgeous card.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Those brads look way happy now! They fit perfectly the way you used them... beautiful card!

Theresa's Studio said...

Happy brads make a happy card. Lovely card and colors.Loving your Annabelle cards and the stamps.

Silli said...

sooo pretty, love the brads and the colors...

Patti P. said...

Pretty LO....I would have probably laid them aside for another day. Way to hang in there. Love this stamp image.

Sue said...

the brads look gorgeous on this one Betty, the ribbon is stunning too! you have certainly been a busy bee this week!! :)

Janice M said...

Great card Betty! I like the way you used the big brads on this card.

CraftieConnie said...

Wow, great job on the recylcing! See we mustn't throw things out, hehehehheeheeh! Neat card!

Colleen said...

Betty,
They look great there! Wonderful card.

JustYolie said...

Thanks for the inspiration. I found some in my stash this weekend. TFS!

Liz Weber said...

Noice one Betty, those brads look fab on this gorgeous card. Great work using the AnnaBelle Stamps challenge for another great card.

Andrea said...

The brads look great here and they're perfect for the challenge!
Thanks for playing along :)
Andrea

Melisa Waldorf said...

Your crackin' me up! Glad you used those big brads! I love the sponged background. Well I'm slowly catchin' up with your blog my friend. It may take me a few days. I hope all is well. Fred ended up hurting his back and I had to do ALOT more than I would have wanted to with the move, ha. I spent last weekend cleaning the rental and we are OUT!! Our first week and 1/2 in the new house has been wonderful, except for the 24 hours we lost one of the cats. I just knew he was gone for good. Then he finally showed back up. I was so relieved, because I didn't want to break the news to Nicole. This weekend I'm doing a yard sale at a co-workers house and hoping to make some extra spending money. I hope all is well my friend! Miss seeing you!