Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Monkey See, Monkey Do!

No, I'm not talking about my DGD having to do everything that she sees my DGS doing! I saw this beautiful card over on my friend Janice's blog and had to do one like it. She told me that she had gotten the sketch from Repeat Impressions Skech #D2910. I'm pleased with my card but that cardinal on hers is just stunning!

Will also be entering this card in some other challenges:
Speedy's Friends -- to use embossing (I heat embossed the borders in black)
Stampin' B's -- to use something old and something new
the new is the border stamp that I blogged about yesterday; also dp from DD at Christmas
the old is Stampin' Up Certainly Celery cardstock (is it still an active color????)

Now, on to the last challenge which requires some explanation. Annabelle Stamps is having a recipe challenge to use 1 border stamp, 2 flowers, and 3 gems. Okay, I guess I just don't know how to follow a recipe. I ended up with 1 border stamp, but I used it twice; my stemed flower has five blooms, and I used six pink pearls. I could say that I got confused and thought that it was supposed to be:
1. border stamp
2. flowers
3. gems BUT,
that would be a big old fat lie and I couldn't live with myself. So, I will just take myself over to the time out corner and sit out this challenge -- but I did want to show my card to you, Andrea, Sue, and all you other sweet gals! And to show you how much I appreciate winning the border stamps!

Betty

15 comments:

Janice M said...

Great card Betty!! I love how you used a border stamp at the top & bottom!! I know I'll be using this sketch again, it's a great one for using squares!

Joanne Travis said...

The embossing is gorgeous and I love this layout.
Thanks for sharing with us and for joining Speedy's Friends this week!

Colleen said...

Betty,
Your new stamps look great. I love the sketch.

Becky said...

Great card with these new stamps Betty. Very elegant.

Harriet Skelly said...

This is beautiful - I love your embossed borders! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends and with Repeat Impressions!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh Betty - this is beautiful! Great photo for showing the embossing also! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

redwasher1 said...

WOW! Betty, beautiful embossing!!
Thank you so much for sharing with us at Speedys Friends.

Benzi said...

Oh, I love this card and the embossing is just fabulous. Love that sketch, also. Thanks for joining the Stampin B's this week with your wonderful creation.

CraftieConnie said...

Well you little Monkey, you did a great job on this card! heheheheheheheh

Kym Weber said...

Oh wow, Betty! I am absolutely speechless! That border stamp is just so stunning! You've out done yourself no matter if it was monkey see monkey do! Spectacular card!

~Hugs~Kym

Janice M said...

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner Betty! Glad you found the embossing folder. I knew it was part of a set, I had gotten mine off QVC but I thought they were available at other places now to. Can't wait to see what you do with that folder!! I have yet to use the bird one from that set.

Andrea said...

Your card is just beautiful Betty! You're right, the challenge could go either way, and I love what you've created!
Thanks for playing along with us, and be sure to add it to the challenge galler :)
Andrea

Kylie said...

Your card ROCKS, Betty!
LOVE the black embossing, it stands out, it looks so lush and rich, LOVE it!!! Love the colours you used too!!!
AWESOME job on the challenge!
Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Take care,
Kylie X

Joanne (jojot) said...

classy design....thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends

Tiffany said...

WOW love your card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps.