Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Hearts for Speedy's Friends


I have two cards with hearts on them which is the challenge over at Speedy's Friends blog. My first card may not be traditional valentine colors, but orange is my grandson Ashton's favorite color so this will be his valentine. I jotted down the author of this digi when I printed it out but can I find it now????? Of course not! Thought I could find it again at Free Digital Stamps but must be overlooking it somehow -- sorry I can't give credit.


This card was made with the sketch challenge at StampTV. I used three different Gina K. Designs sets -- Wild at Heart, Spring Mix, and Fanciful Tags. Red rhinestones are in the middle of the hearts and the white background is embossed with Cuttlebug's Candy Cane Stripes. I will enter this in the "pink and red" challenge at MelJens Designs. I stamped the flower in white on Real Red cardstock but it looks much more pink than it does white.

Thanks for stopping by,
Betty

8 comments:

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous cards Betty, I love the teddy bear!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Becky said...

Wonderful cards Betty, That bear is just adorable!Thank you for playing with Speedy's Friends.

Colleen said...

Betty,
Really cute love that bear.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Both cards are beautiful Betty... my fave is the red and white one!

redwasher1 said...

Betty, both cards are so sweet!! Good luck on the challenges.
Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

what a cool cool card....that took a lot of time...trying to figure it out...loving it.

Sprytebyrd said...

Such a pretty card! I LOVE how the white ink looks pink on the red!
Thanks so much for playing along at Meljen's Designs this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Spot

Lauretta See said...

ohh so very nice.. i love it ;) Thank you for playing in the color challenge at Meljens. Hope you will join us again this week in Put your heart in it challenge. Good Luck!