Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

White Elephant Gift


My DH and I recently attended our Adult Bible Fellowship Christmas Party and one of the highlights of the evening was the opening of the white elephant gifts. Had to share what Larry chose -- a lava lamp! Would you believe that I've always wanted one???? Hate to admit it, but I could stare at the silly thing all day long! My contribution to the gifts was a stack of 45 rpm records -- needless to say, they got a laugh but no one wanted them enough to "steal them away" from the person who opened them!! lol
Hope you'll come back tomorrow when I post my card for the Roses December challenge. See you then,
Betty

4 comments:

Patti J said...

Tee hee....talk about a blast from the past! Great story - sounds like a fun evening!

Becky said...

This sounds like a fun time.

A Consuming Passion said...

What a great idea!!!! Must remember this for next years Kris Kringle!!!!!
These lamps have recently been popular AGAIN over here andlike you I could watch them for ages!
Have a great Christmas Betty looking forward to your Roses card!

The Other Patti Sue said...

These things are timeless just like VW Bugs! My gdaughter loves hers!