Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Bees Left, Cold Weather Came, and Betty Skedaddled Back Home!

Hello all! Haven't updated in a long time. Cold weather came to Mexico and my house didn't have heat -- my bones froze and I was so darned uncomfortable that I decided to come back to Texas where I have access to central heat, coats, flannel shirts, and plenty of blankets! I have to admit that the Canadians didn't think it was very cold but they must have ice water in their veins instead of blood! I had a wonderful time while I was there but decided that it was not to be the place where we will move for our retirement. It's going to have to be a more tropical climate year round! DH thinks that Costa Rica will be a good place to check out. I probably won't be able to get back into card making mode because most of my "stuff" is packed up and in a storage facility. Hubby thinks we should still try to sell the house so I can't set my craft room back up. (insert sobs here) I'm trying to talk him into setting up a storage room back behind the house and I can use it for a craft room and we can store the other "stuff" in it too and won't have to pay storage fees. Don't think there's much chance of that happening but I'll keep mentioning it!!

Betty

9 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Hi Betty, It's a shame things didn't work out for you but I'm sure you'll find the ideal retirement spot in time. The US is a big place enjoy the time searching..... get your dh to pack a bag and go on a road trip have an adventure!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

I was missing you! What about Key West? Still in the US, but from what I understand super warm. Okay this is relative since I am from IL and we get COLD here!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Patti J said...

So happy to hear from you, Betty! It will be nice when you can get your things out of storage and back to use - you are missed! Good luck with finding just the right place, and selling your house! Hugs...

Selma said...

Really missed you Betty. Sorry to hear Mexico isn't going to work out for retirement. You should maybe check out the Pacific NW. When we lived in Vancouver, WA we seldom got snow and it is green there all year round. Happy to hear from you and hope you get your stamping supplies soon.

Becky said...

Hi Betty; Good to hear from you ..So sorry things did not work out well for you in Mexico.

Colleen said...

Betty,
I'm so glad to hear you are ok! Sorry about Mexico, There is a whole wide world out there you will find the right place. I hope you can get some of your stuff unpacked and make those cards again. I would be going crazy having stuff packed I couldn't use.

craftieodmae said...

Hang in there Betty, good hearing from ya!!! Loved your bookmark!

redwasher1 said...

Betty, wishing you well and be thinking of you!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

glad to hear from you and to know that you are doing well - just not the right place for ya!
does Florida interest you? I thought that is supposed to be the retirement state LOL but it's toooo hot for me! I loved the comment that suggested a road trip (0:
hugs
Linda