Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Bags Are Packed


Well, my friends, my bags are packed and I'm ready to take off tomorrow morning! I'm hoping that I planned well enough to pack most of what I'll be needing; if not, Ajijic does have a WalMart!! (bet you didn't know that!) I should have internet service at the bed and breakfast where I'll be staying so should be able to get a note posted to my blog to let you know of my safe arrival (positive thinking, right!?) I received a confirmation email from the sweet couple who will be picking me up at the airport so I shouldn't have to worry about being stranded there without a ride! I'm washing up the last two loads of dirty laundry now and after a few more items to take of on the computer, I'll be logging off and getting it ready for travel.
Give me a kind thought tomorrow!
Betty

10 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

OMG.......miss you already!!!! Take care......don't do anything we wouldn't do!!!! Send us a message as soon as you're settled. BFN xx

Patti P. said...

Will say a prayer for your safe travels and look forward to hearing from you when you arrive.

Theresa's Studio said...

Have a safe trip! Will miss you til we see you on line again. Please share your new mailing address via email or STV. Your friend, Theresa

Colleen said...

Betty,
I sure hope this helps :) You have a wonderful trip and I will be thinking of you until we hear from you again.

craftieodmae said...

Oh Betty, you have already left and I'm just reading this. I'll still say a prayer for a safe fun trip. I continue to pray this helps you. I'll be looking for word that you arrived safely! Take care my friend!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Just got home from my trip and have you firmly in my thoughts. Safe trip, my friend!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Be safe Betty.... please check in with us! You are in my prayers!

Brenda said...

Oh Betty I hope you have/had safe travels. I just now read this and you may already be there. I will miss you. Please keep us informed on how you are doing and if you need to chat send me a pm through STV, I would love to chat. I do hope this relocating is helpful for your asthma. Take care of yourself.

Hugs

Kerrie said...

Betty, I really hope this works, and you get better, will really miss you and your sweet comments..... take care and god bless x x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I saw a comment from you (thanks), so that must mean you have your feet on new ground! Hugs, my friend!!!!!