Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Peace Project


Here's my 3-D decoupage project for the Roses' September challenge. This was made using wooden blocks that were left over after unmounting my rubber stamps. I love the Christmas colors, papers and ribbons. I painted the chipboard letters with gold paint. Does it look even a little bit like the ribbon goes all the way through the block??? Actually, it's just glued to the edge of each block but I was hoping it would provide a bit of an "optical delusion"! My peaceful blocks are sitting on the mantle above my fireplace even though Christmas is a while off yet -- however, "peace" is welcome any time of the year, right??

7 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

OMG look at you!!!! This is just gorgeous! I saw something else you made using your wood blocks a while back and enjoyed that one too! What a great Christmas decoration!!! Yep you rocked this months challenge Betty.

Kerrie said...

Betty, just fantastic, you have made a wonderful decoration for Christmas....

craftieodmae said...

well aren't you the smart one! This is fantastic. You win the prize LOL!

Theresa's Studio said...

Betty, this project is fantastic....what a great save of those blocks. Yes, it does appear that you ran the ribbon through the blocks. I love seeing what the "Roses" come up with each month and you rocked the challenge this month!

Colleen said...

Betty,
very nice project! I hope everything is well with you.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Well aren't you the creative diva! This is awesome!

Melisa Waldorf said...

I LOVE these Betty!!