Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Friday, August 27, 2010

Sketchy Lace


The card I have to share with you today was made for Flourishes challenge to use Lace (but I didn't get it posted in time) and for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. My color scheme is Going Gray, Real Red, Black and White. Here is the sketch from Midnight Madness -- you can either bling it up, keep it simple, or do something "in between".
Maybe you can join us over at Mightnight Madness -- there's still time!
Betty

9 comments:

Carol Hurlock said...

Betty what a gorgeous card. I really love the lace...wow wouldn't I love to see a Martha Stewart deep edge punch that you could punch something like that out with!!! lol I like your colors scheme....and the touch of red, really makes it pop. Great job with the sketch. Thank you for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Connie M. said...

Wow, Betty! This is just so pretty! Love the lacy panel on the side...and the red just makes this card pop!! Thanks so much for playing this week in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge! Hugs!!

Connie M
MMDT-GD

Colleen said...

Betty,
So glad to see your post I was begining to worry a bit :) This card is really elegant I love the lace and that touch of red is wonderful.

Myrna said...

Betty
This is an absolutely gorgeous card. My what wonderful lace.
Myrna

redwasher1 said...

Betty your card is beautiful and love the lace!!

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful card Betty!
Can;t wait to see your gift bag!

Kym Weber said...

This is gorgeous, Betty! The lace is beautiful! Awesome job on the sketch! Absolutely love your card!

~Hugs~Kym

pam124 said...

Betty, what a gorgeous card for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week. LOVE your lace, image and that great pop of red!! Way 2 go!!

Hugs
pam124
Former MMSC-GD

Melisa Waldorf said...

I love the splash of red on the nuetrals!! And the lace is gorgeous!