Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

I Love Sparkles!


I have a Christmas card to show to you today. Giovana Smith challenged us to make a Christmas card with embossing and the color pink over at stampTV. There's lots of pink in the dp and I used pink glitter (Martha Stewart) on the ornament. The embossing (which I forgot about until the card was finished) was added at the last minute in the lower right corner -- I heat embossed three little snowflakes! The stamp is one I recently received from Stubby Stampers. They are based in Mississippi and I grew up in Mississippi so I had to buy some, right???? I'm sure I hear "right!" resounding out there in cyber-world!!
The sketch challenge I used comes from Annabelle Stamps. My friend, Sue Walsh, from Sydney, Australia is on their deisgn team. I flipped the stairsteps of the sketch so that they are no longer stairsteps, just graduated lengths! This was a fun challenge -- hope you'll all play along too!

Betty

6 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

What a fun Christmas Card Betty! I like the reversed stairsteps and the sparkle on your stamping.
That's one more to cross off the C C List! Thanks for playing along with us @ Annabelle Stamps again this week - we love to see your cards. Good Luck!

Colleen said...

Betty,
This so amazling sparkley! I love all the pink. The ornament reminds me of one of my old fashion glass ones.

Kerrie said...

Super cute christmas card, its a great sketch.

Andrea said...

This is beautiful, and gorgeous colours for Christmas!
Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps :)
Andrea

Kylie said...

LOVE your sparkly Christmas card, Betty! I love non-traditional colours in a Christmas card and yours is stunning, LOVE it and your snowflakes are so cute, perfect touch!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Have a great week,
Take Care,
Kylie X

The Other Patti Sue said...

What a super great Christmas card! Love the colors and your "added" snowflakes are the perfect touch!