Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Gingerbread Man for Christmas


Okay, I feel like I've got some "splainin'" to do (just like Lucy had to do all the time!) The sketch from Card Patterns 72 was right down my alley -- I love using inchies! However, the color challenge from Annabelle Stamps was totally out of my comfort zone -- chocolate and orange with a Christmas theme! I used copper metallic card stock for the background layer and copper embossing powder for the gingerbread man and sentiment; hope that comes close enough to orange! Then I went to digging through my patterned papers and found this paper from Stampin' Up with chocolate and various shades of orange. The chocolate cording is from Gina K. Designs. Stamps are Stampin' Up (sentiment and ornaments) and the Gingerbread Man is from Michael's $1 bin.

Betty

10 comments:

craftieodmae said...

well didn't this come together great!! Like you I never would of thought of putting orange and brown together for Christmas.....but is gorgeous!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I agree with Olga, it was not an easy combo, but you sure made it work! Great job, Betty!

Andrea said...

Wow! This was not an easy challenge, but you did an amazing job! The gingerbread man was meant to be in this colour combo lol!
Thanks for playing along with us this week :)
Andrea

The Other Patti Sue said...

You do great splainin... I understood exactly what you were sayin! This is adorable!

A Consuming Passion said...

I'm with Andrea.........what an amazing job creating the perfect Christmas card with Chocolate and Orange. Then I know you are one clever Texas Rose!!!

Rene Sharp said...

What a yummy Xmas card!! Thanks for playing along with us at Annabelle Stamps!

Ida said...

This turned out really cute!

Colleen said...

Betty,
This really is sooooo cute great job.

papertrails leaver said...

super cute card!

Kylie said...

Betty, You so Rocked our Say It In...Chocolate and Orange colour challenge at AnnaBelle Stamps!
This sure is one stunning card and I LOVE this stamp, he's so cute lol!
I also LOVE your Chocolate cording, I might have to put that on my list of 'things to get' lol!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Have a great week,
Take Care,
Kylie X