Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Color, Sketch, and Image Challenges


I think this might be one of my favorite CAS cards. The sketch is from Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #82. Colors are from the Curtain Call Challenge 39 -- kraft, white, certainly celery and wild wasabi. Don't you just love this inspiration picture -- so clean and pure!

My image is from MyGrafico. I made this card for their Challenge #57 but when I went back and read the fine print (on my laptop) I realized that it should have had piecing, not piercing! I think maybe it's time to go out and get some reading glasses! Maybe next time I see you, I'll be a little more "focused"!!

Betty

12 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

super cute! thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

craftieodmae said...

awesome card, good luck with the challenges!

Colleen said...

Betty,
This is a great sketch, I agree it is one of my Fav CAS your done. Don't worry about the small print I wear glasses for reading and still miss some of the directions LOL.

The Other Patti Sue said...

I made the piecing-piercing mistake on the first card I entered at SCS! Your card is gorgeous... lovin the image and the color combo! Have a great day!

Patti P. said...

Love the clean lines of this design and your bow is perfect. Beautiful card.

Marisa said...

Great use of this week's colours. Thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

Shelley said...

What a great image for the focal point of your card! Great job on both challenges! I would have like to have played with this sketch...I didn't make it. Glad you go in on the Curtain Call, we are glad to have you!

Donna Baker said...

what a pretty cas card! thanks for your comment about our house, Betty! we finally got the fireplace completely rocked!

Tazza said...

LOL... DOn't worry I still enetered you in our challenge . Thanks so much for entering the MyGrafico Challenges!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

I love what you've done with this color challenge! Lovely!

Silke Ledlow said...

So pretty Betty!!! Wonderful take on the sketch and the CC colors!!! Hugs ~S~

Sue said...

A fabulous take on the colours Betty! The image you chose is so elegant! Thanks for sharing at Curtain Call this week! :)