Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Friday, April 9, 2010

Told You I'd Be Back!


As you may have guessed, this is my second post for the day. All the dp in my card is from My Mind's Eye, Simply Delightful. The Blue Bayou background layer is from Stampin' Up and the card base is from my stash of 12x12 papers, cut to 5x5 for my card. The challenge, as well as the digi image, is from Stretch 'N Bubbles. So fly on over and "play with me" for their first challenge! They are also having a Blog Hop.

Edited: The bird image is printed on patterned paper, cut out, and sits up on pop dots! Did you notice how the patterned paper gave him a perfect eyebrow???? I couldn't have done that on purpose if I'd tried for a year! Thanks for reminding me to share this, Lori!

Betty

11 comments:

Lori said...

Betty, this is wonderful. I love the colors you used and the bird...is he paper pieced? He looks great! Thanks for playing along in the SNB Sketch challenge!
Lori

craftieodmae said...

anothre beauty!! Good luck with your challenges.

Lauretta See said...

gorgeous card :)) Our color choice is really similar :)) you did a great job!!

Hugs x

Kerrie said...

Betty, so soft and pretty, just love the dp, and the little bird is just so cute.

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh wow Betty I love this one too - the little bird is the cutest!!!

Kathryn B said...

This is such a cute card Betty! Thanks for playing in our first challenge at Stretch N' Bubbles! Hope to see you again!

Janice M said...

Too cute! I like the color combo and the paper pieced bird!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Look at you go... this is adorable!

Brenda said...

Fantastic card Betty!! Super cute bird.

*Alison* said...

Betty.. I LOVE this.. it is so cute.. I love how you did your little bird.. and the colors are just beautiful.. perfect sentiment too.. :) great card.. I am so happy you came to play with us at stretch N' Bubbles sketch challenge #1 I hope you will come back next week too.. :) HUGS

Betty J Schaub said...

nice soft colors and your bird coloring is soo pretty.