Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Friday, April 16, 2010

Tina's Color Challenge


I have a card to share with you today. Tina's color challenge at stampTV is to use royal blue, red, and yellow. My base card was embossed with Cuttlebug's D'Vine Swirl folder and the scalloped circles were cut out with Nesties. I stamped the butterflies on circles and adhered them to the inside of the card. Sentiment is from Gina K. Designs stampTV kit, Spring Mix. Butterfly stamps are from Studio G and Stampabilities. If I could do it over again the only thing I would change would be to adhere a Very Vanilla layer on the left side of the inside before I die cut the scalloped circles.
Cardstock & Ink: Stampin' Up Brilliant Blue, Ruby Red, So Saffron and Very Vanilla
Hope it's a great Friday for everyone!!

Edited: Thanks to my good friend, Kerrie, for suggesting that I enter this card in the Our Creative Corner Challenge to use butterflies! Butterflies have been catching my eye lately -- I've picked up a number of these lovelies -- must be that both butterflies and spring are in the air!!

Betty

4 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

You are a creative genius GF! This is awesome!Have a great weekend!

Theresa's Studio said...

Great take on the color challenge. Neat design.

Kerrie said...

Hey Betty, great take on the challenge, but you can also enter this into Our Creative Corner, as this weeks its butterflies....http://ourcreativecorner6.blogspot.com/

Patti P. said...

What a creative way to make your images pop. Love it Betty!