Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sketch It; Use It


Morning, all! It's a rather dreary Saturday morning here, overcast and drizzling rain. Hope you're having better weather, whereever you are!! I made this card for two challenges; the sketch challenge from Creative Clear Stamps and a Flourishes challenge to "use what you bought"! I bought a paper pack at Big Lots yesterday titled Baby Boy by Pressed Petals but most of the papers in it can be used for any type of card. Had to open it up right away and use it (hence, the Flourishes challenge fulfilled)! Stamps are Stampin' Up, Take Three and Stampabilities by The Paper Studio, Botanicals & Birds. Inks are SU Apricot Appeal and Marvy Aqua Grey. The ribbon is Michael's and I cut out the sentiment with Nesties Ribbon Tags Trio. The circular element is a digi image that I printed out a while back and forgot who designed it and I can't find it amid all my digi files. Speaking of which, does anyone have a good idea for filing your digi images so that you can find one when you want it????? I'd love to know (inquiring minds, and all)!

Betty

6 comments:

Theresa's Studio said...

Lovely card...like how you used ribbon tag and the butterflies. Try to keep digis in sub-folders by designer or stores and also file a duplicate in folders by type etc, animals, birds,birthday, flowers,holidays all in a folder of digital Images. Try to include source or artist when naming the image.

Brenda said...

Very pretty card!!! I like how you did the trio of butterflies, it gives me an idea..... thank you for the inspiration.

The Other Patti Sue said...

So pretty!Your butterfly is perfect and LOVE that yummy paper!

redwasher1 said...

Betty, your card is lovely and like your color choice. Thank you for your sweet comment on my card:)

A Consuming Passion said...

BEautiful Betty! Love these soft colours.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I am with Brenda, I like that trio of flutterbys at the bottom!