Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Bee Happy


Hello friends! The sun is shining today -- very appropriate for my card. The bee image is from Stretch 'N Bubbles -- I think she's taking a snooze out there in the sunshine. She's about to wake up though, and fly over to the Moxie Fab site for their sketch challenge and to stampTV for Sharri's Blast From the Past challenge to use glitter. Card base is Whisper White and the yellow layer is from my 12x12 paper stash -- it was so very bright that I had to pull out a layer of vellum to tone it down a bit! The Real Red layer was cut out with nesties and the sentiment is computer generated. A few little light blue rhinestones in the corner to match the "thought bubble" makes it complete!

Betty

6 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

makes ya smile!!! love it!! so cool to have a "thought bubble" (:

The Other Patti Sue said...

So sunny and bright... I can feel the warmth! Super cute!

Kerrie said...

What a fun card.... gald the sun is shining.... we are starting to get cold nights....

*Alison* said...

WOW this is so cute.. I love the colors you picked and the background paper is perfect for this image.. I love what you did with this Betty.. :) I can't wait to see what you create next.. HUGS

Brenda said...

How cute is this! Beautiful glittered and happy card!

Unknown said...

Hey Betty! Thanks for entering the Get Sketchy Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)