Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Praying for You


Sadly, I had to make a sympathy card today for a friend from church whose 23 year old son passed away. I am hoping that this card will bring her comfort; knowing that others are thinking of her and keeping her in their prayers.

I used the sketch from Card Patterns. I always appreciate having a sketch to start with; knowing where my card will most likely go. Sometimes it veers off in another direction, but the sketch helps me get started! I used Stamping Up card stock (Brocade Blue, So Saffron and Mellow Moss). The Mellow Moss was embossed with Cuttlebug's Folder, Stylized Flowers. Stamp is also SU -- Thoughts and Prayers; it was cut out with Nestabilities Labels Six. Misc. dp and ribbon.

Betty

6 comments:

redwasher1 said...

Betty, your card is just lovely! I'm sure it will bring comfort to your friend.

craftieodmae said...

So sad when we need sympathy cards, this I know will help comfort her. It's beautiful!

Colleen said...

Betty,

I know this will help. Having been there myself the cards and letters were a great support and comfort.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Beautiful Betty! I sure your friend will find comfort in it!

dstandard said...

What a pretty card!

Teresa Kline said...

wow betty, that is a hard sympathy card to make, 23 years of age. None of them are easy, but that seems worse to me. Praying for comfort and peace for your friend. You card is beautiful, I am sure it will bring comfort.

Have a fabulous day.

enjoy *~*