Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Monday, January 4, 2010

Magical Painted Pony



Patti, who is on the Design Team at There's Magic in the Air, gave us a challenge today to use a wonderful image by Nina May and the colors Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede and Always Artichoke. Not having all of these colors, I used Really Rust, So Saffron, Sahara Sand, and Always Artichoke (Southwesern inspired colors)from Stampin' Up. This was such a fun challenge -- I felt like a kid with a new coloring book -- and I was really thrilled with the way my card turned out. The card base is Really Rust, there's a couple of pieces of patterned paper from my stash, a bit of ribbon and a computer generated sentiment cut out with Nestabilities. Nina is giving this image away free so head over to http://theresmagicintheair.blogspot.com/ and take Patti's challenge -- you'll be glad you did!!

11 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh love your take on Nina's Painted Pony Betty!! Love your sentiment too.

craftieodmae said...

This is so adorable! You did great! Thanks for joining us at TMITA this week. Hope to see you next week too!
Hugs Olga

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

He does look a wee bit dumbfounded.....You colored him to perfection!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Beautiful coloring my friend! Wasn't he just fun? Thanks so much for playing along with us at TMITA!
Hugs
Patti

Nilla said...

So funny and I love the colors! Well done! Thanks for joining us at TMITA this week! Hugs Nilla

Nina said...

LOL... Betty, your sentiment cracked me up!! I can just see this painted pony saying this too!! or... "oh no here they come with the sticks!" LOL.. you colored it beauitfully! Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week over at TMITA/PCC! Hope to see you next week!
Nina
TMITA Blog
(free digital images)
Paper Cupcakes-Stamps

Anonymous said...

Great job with this challenge, Betty!! You colored him beautifully, and your saying made me laugh -- thank you! :-)

Kim Mc said...

HEHE!! Great job...I love funny sentiments!! Also great job on meeting the challenge this week! Welcome to the blogging world and can't wait to see more of what you can do!!

Aloha, Kim
TMITA Design Team member
Check out the free weekly digi!

Selma said...

Betty this is so cute and I agree, this is such a cute verse for this card. Your coloring is beautiful. I am so happy you joined in on the challenge this week at TMITA.

Patti J said...

OMG, how much fun, Betty! This is so cute! You've really given him a fun expression, and I love the sentiment. Your coloring is wonderful! (Isn't it just so much fun to color?) Thanks for joining in at TMITA/PCC this week! Good luck on the challenge!

Danielle said...

Beautiful! Love how you coloured the pony and the sentiment is so fun - great job! Thanks for joining in with TMITA!
Hugs, Danielle